HIV/AIDs Awareness EducationIn
His speech to commemorate ‘World AIDS Day’ in Cameroon in 2001, former US Ambassador to Cameroon, George Staples said,
We are convinced that the only way the HIV/AIDS problem can be cured is by educating the general population on this insidious disease. CADAC provides literature and organizes talks in schools, army camps, etc., across the country.
In January 2004, with the help of two of Bread For Life’s board members (Dr. Downey , FL and Dr. Kathleen Holland), we developed our first Power Point presentation on this issue. This has opened many doors for the ministry in schools and communities. Using a multi-faceted approach, CADAC is confronting the myriad of social problems associated with the AIDS pandemic.
Our challenges in fighting AIDS/HIV:
- Lack of full time workers to help develop materials and provide training, visit schools and address the media and the community as well as recruit and train volunteers.
- Insufficient relevant materials dealing with AIDS/HIV and Abstinence Education
- Insufficient funding to meet needs in this area.
- Lack of funds to assist children orphaned by AIDS.
- The need for a 4X4 vehicles for use in going to rural areas, transporting staff and materials.
- Lack of an LCD Projector for presentations